Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dangers of Shrine Hillside Developments

by J. Stacey Baird

I am concerned, confused, and frustrated about the safety of Shrine Hill subdivision development against landslides and run-off. I live in the potentially affected area of earth movement and flooding from Ma-a Shrine Hill developments. I also have good friends there.

I am confused by differing expert opinion on the stability and risk of Shrine Hill development. Of course, I know experts can differ but when someone else tries to make decisions for me which will result in benefit to them, I somehow feel they could see things differently than I do.

I am also confused and fearful because of what seem to be dilutions or loopholes in safety assurances by some geologists. I don't understand the true long term safety of the place. In other words, they say, it would be safe if you . . . . or, it will be safe until . . . . or if mitigating measures are strictly enforced and maintained . . . . I ask whether proper maintenance over 10 to 100 years is likely?


Article Continues.....

No comments: